Essential Golf Etiquettes
No matter what the game is, adopting proper etiquettes is an essential part of it, and golf is no exception. The golfers must be aware of certain rules that they need to keep in mind while playing the game. These include manners which help in making the game safe for the players, keeping pace of the play and keeping the field of play (the golf course) in order.
Here are the ones which are most important:
- When swinging your club (playing a stroke), make sure that all the others, including your opponent are at a safe distance. Likewise, you should stay at a safe distance too when he hits the ball.
- If a player plays a wrong stroke that is mistakenly aimed at anyone, shout ‘Fore’ which is an internationally known word to warn players of an error in a stroke.
- When playing a stroke, make sure that everyone, including the audience, is out of your stroke’s range.
- Practice your swing in a safe spot, away from other players.
- Follow the safety instructions listed in the golf cart.
- Keep track of your emotions and never let them make you too childish things such as throwing your club.
- Make proper preparations and make sure that you take your stroke immediately when your turn arrives.
- Try your best to keep pace with the group ahead of you or behind you.
- Don’t waste too much time in finding a lost ball. Incase you decide to follow the rule (five minutes are allotted to find the lost ball), make sure you tell the other group to play through.
- Always take spare (or different sized) clubs with you so that time is not wasted in retrieving them from the cart.
- Try your best to keep the golf cart out of the green patches and hazards.
- Take care (or repair) the areas, including the green and bunkers, after you play your stroke.
- Do not take a divot on while practicing swings.
- Do not talk when the game is in progress, and especially when the other player is taking his stroke.
- Keep your excitement level under control. Do not shout or yell under it.
- Be extremely cautious with other player’s putting line. Do not cross it or walk through it as it can damage it.These are some basic etiquette that you must keep in mind while playing. They help in making the game comfortable and more fun.